This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site
and Swiss Education Academy SA the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and
all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems
The Website may contain advertising of third parties and links to other sites or frames of other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those third parties or other sites
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following
Account: means collectively the personal
information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any
communications System on the Web Site;
Content: means any text, graphics, images,
audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a
computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
Cookie: means a small text file placed on
your computer by Swiss Education Academy SA when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to
identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site.
Data: means collectively all information
that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information
submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
Swiss Education Academy: means Swiss Education Academy SA, Avenue des Alpes 27, Montreux, Switzerland
Service: means collectively any online
facilities, tools, services or information that Swiss Education Academy SA makes available through the Web Site either
now or in the future;
System: means any online communications
infrastructure that Swiss Education Academy makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This
includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email
User / Users: means any third party that
accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Swiss Education Academy and acting in the course of their employment;
Website: means the website that you are
currently using (https://online.swisseducation.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.online.swisseducation.com)
unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected
In connection with the use of our Website, you may automatically or explicitly disclose personal data to Swiss Education Academy. Without limitation, any of the following Data may be
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 date of birth;
- 2.3 job title & profession;
- 2.4 contact information such as email addresses
and telephone numbers;
- 2.5 demographic information such as post code,
preferences and interests;
- 2.6 financial information such as credit / debit
- 2.7 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.8 web browser type and version (automatically
- 2.9 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.10 a list of URLS starting with a referring
site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.11 Cookie information
3. Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained
by Swiss Education Academy for as long or as long as it is either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. Statutory data retention requirements remain reserved
- 3.2 Swiss Education Academy ensures appropriate data privacy in compliance with statutory requirements. In particular, Swiss Education Academy protects the Website and all other systems in an appropriate manner by means of technical and organisational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or divulgence of your personal data by unauthorised third parties. However, unfortunately there may be risks beyond our control and we can therefore not guarantee or warrant the security of any personal data you transmit to or from our Website, and you do so at your own risk.
- 3.5 Any or all of the above Data may be required
by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when
using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
3.5.1 internal record keeping;
3.5.2 processing your requests for information;
3.5.3 processing of your enrolment for one of our courses if relevant;
3.5.4 improvement of our products / services;
3.5.5 analysing the operation and usage of our Website (in particular to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our Website and what information is of most and least interest, technical site design specifications and to identify system performance or problem areas);
3.5.6 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
3.5.7 for our own marketing purposes and in order to send you marketing communications. If you prefer not to receive any marketing communications from Swiss Education Group you can inform us accordingly by e-mail to email@example.com
3.5.8 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax
or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
Swiss Education Academy may, from time to time, employ the services of
other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling,
delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such
services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used
by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Swiss Education Academy
requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by
third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data
Protection Act 1998.
- 5.1 Our Website uses "cookies". Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by the corresponding web server upon first visit of the Website. This text files contain information (for example your username and/or your language preferences) that can be read by the web server when the Website is visited again at a later date. That way, you do not need to fill out the same information each time you visit a website.
- 5.2 The personal data collected with the help of cookies are used by Swiss Education Academy to improve its services, to personalize your online experience, to analyse the usage of the Website and to optimise the performance of the Website. There is no other use of such data, nor are the data used to identify the user of our Website.
6. Google Analytics
7. Use of Social Plug-Ins
7.1 Our Website uses social plug-ins ("plug-ins") from facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc. ("Facebook"), twitter.com, operated by Twitter Inc. ("Twitter"), linkedin.com, operated by LinkedIn Corporation ("LinkedIn"), (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn hereinafter referred to as "Social Networks") and other social media providers. The plug-ins are labelled with an icon of the corresponding Social Network.
7.2 When you visit a website containing plug-ins, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of the corresponding Social Network. The content of the plug-ins is directly transmitted from the Social Network to your browser and linked to the Website.
7.3 If you are logged in on the corresponding Social Network, it can assign the access of the Website to your account of the respective Social Network. When you interact with the plug-ins, for instance with a "Like" button, or add a comment, the information is transmitted from your browser directly to the corresponding Social Network.
7.4 Please refer to the data privacy statements of the respective Social Networks regarding purpose and extent of data collection, processing and usage by the Social Networks, as well as your rights in this respect and setting options for protecting your privacy.
8. Right of Access to and Correction of Data
You have a statutory right to request information and/or correction of the personal data which we may hold or process about you, pursuant to statutory provisions. You may also request deletion of the personal data which we hold about you, unless such personal data is required for the fulfilment of a contractual relationship with you. A request for access, correction or deletion is to be sent in writing or via e-mail, accompanied by a copy of your ID, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Changes to this Policy
we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately
posted on the Web Site and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of
the Web Site following the alterations.
10. Contacting Us
may contact us at email@example.com